Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Dear 2015...

Dear 2015,

It was a bittersweet year. Some parts bitter. Some parts sweet. Truly a year of trials and blessings. You introduced me to childhood cancer. Something I have never seen first handed. I saw my nephew suffer. I saw his tiny body decrease in weight. I saw his belly get really big. And I saw multiple holes put into his body for surgeries, tests, and to drain the fluid out of his body. I saw life brought back to him. And I saw God heal him. The definition of bittersweet was seeing his progress through it all. 

My baby girl was born. I was given such a sweet gift, although a month earlier than anticipated. And wow, she is perfect. My first baby turned one and that was so exciting. I've seen both of these girls grow, learn, and develop their personalities. Total opposites but best friends. 

I celebrated one year of marriage with my handsome. I've learned a lot about marriage. What to do and what not to do. And still learning how to be the wife I want to be. But I learned how truly blessed I am to have this man in my life. 

We found an amazing home church where God has lead us to be active and serve. I've never been so excited to learn God's word. I truly learned what it meant to live in God's grace. There's nothing more beautiful than God being able to meet me exactly where I am. I don't have to fix myself or make myself perfect before He can deal with me...He can deal with my anytime, anywhere. And that has truly been the biggest blessing I could ask for. 

This year I have grown into my own just a little bit more. I've tried to figure out who I am, where I want to be, and where I want to go. My perspective on somet things have changed. And even silly things like my hair has changed. I've noticed how smart I am. How funny I can be. How strong I am. How hard working I am. And that I am happy with who I am, even if I haven't lost all the weight I want to. I'm beautiful the way I am, inside and out. And I truly believe that. Some of my insecurities have gone away and I'm more confident in who I am, in the mother I am, in the wife I am, and in the marriage I have. 

I've developed a few close friendships that are near and dear to my heart. We bought a home that fits our family so perfectly. We've gone on some vacations. We've laughed. We've had dance parties in our living rooms. We've cried. We've switched from our friend who babysat, to my mom who now babysits our girls. We've been pursuing better jobs. We've spent time with family. We've been swimming and to the park. We were introduced to a lot of new things in this year. 

As I said, this year has been bittersweet. Some things exciting. And some things heartbreaking. But we have been truly blessed this year. 

So 2015, thank you. Thank you for the lessons and the heartbreaks and the happiness. Everything we went through this year has helped shape us into the family we are. And I will never forget this year. It's one for the books, that's for sure. 

Hello 2016....

No comments:

Post a Comment